May

Place: Our house
Time: 1:30 pm
Temperature: 46˚
Lens: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro.

Click on the images to view the bigger versions.

Yeah and I did experiment a little with photoshop. Hope you like them :)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 28th, 2008 at 3:22 pm

No Responses to “Getting to Know the Macro Lens”

1. sulochanosho says:

Wonderful creations indeed there. Please keep it up. I was musing that ‘technology lens’ can enhance a bit more of the beuty and presentation
    of the ‘God – sent things’. Proof is this. Thanks for the presentation and dissemination.

2. Technogal says:

Well done Yousef.. amazing shots! Keep it up :)
    Next time you should show us some HDR experiment 😉

3. hespeaks says:

Keep it up, Bu ya3goub. 😉
    Great shots. Always wanted to take that step and get in to photography, but unfortunately i have no time. Rubeena tabeee imjabal ! 😛

4. Beautiful…. Though be careful at 1:30 pm!

Keep up the creativity.

5. EeLAaA says:

Ok yousif am sorry! but here we go!…
    The 1st: is shaky!
    The 2nd: way lacks contrast!
    The 3rd: its over exposed!

I’m sorry if i was harsh but compliments doesnt makes u a better photographer! critique does! ;>

My reccomendations for the:
    1st: i have the same problem! try to hold ur breath while shooting! if it doesnt work stay away from shaded areas! ;p
    2nd: am not a Canon girl am a Nikon, but i always give my contrast settings a notch up! (in my camera settings not PS)
    3rd: read from ur center object! if u r shooting close ups or using a macro maybe u want to change ur light metering to spot or center.

oo bs! ;>

6. loco says:

el thaltha MO 9EEJ

sulochanosho Thanks! so many beautiful things out there. welcome to the blog :)

Technogal I read a lot about HDR and I thknk I’m kind of ready now :) I’ll try it out soon!

hespeaks halzift rubeena lail7een mawjoda?!!? ma6redoha?! akrah doktorah marrat 3alay bidinya! ma3anha madaresatny bs ham naffisat 3alay..

Mohammad Abdullah Thanks :)

EeLAaA Thanks for the great comment, I appreciate it. I agree with the shaky and overexposed. The first pic was in a shady area where I had to slow the shutter.. a slower shutter and the wind did not hel at all. and the last pic was in a very bright area… yeah.. beginner’s mistakes :)

But what about the 2nd one’s contrast? I don’t get it. I thought the picture looked perfect.. ?

loco Thanks :)

8. EeLAaA says:

About the second one, hmmm we say its a bit washed away! or in B&W muddy! i.e lacks contrast.
    what i am trying to say is that u try to bring out the brown in the trunk or the green in the leaves (if the palms green things r called leaves! ;p) ya3ni more live colors just to ad more life to the pic ;>

9. Wonderful!! Great shots keep them coming!

10. Maybe you could try using a tripod.. I know tripods are fidly, you need time to put it on, then up down, the height, I HATE that part lol but gives u a good shot.. never tried a macro lense, though i ordered one