Facts about Mecca’s new Clock & Tower:
- The Tower will end up being the second tallest building in the world, second only to Burj Khalifa.
- It is the largest clock in the world and the highest.
- 6 times bigger than Big Ben in london.
- One of the clock’s 4 faces has been completed and is set to be tested for 3 months starting the first week of Ramadan.
- The clock was designed by German and Swiss Engineers.
- The clock tower include a Lunar Observation Center and an Islamic Museum.
- A 76 story hotel within the tower will snatch the tallest hotel in the world title from the current tallest hotel in Dubai’s Burj Khalifa.
- Largest architectural building in the world with total area of 1.4 million square meters.
- Cost: $3 billion